The Importance of Belonging
The Value of Community
Scripture: Luke 2:1-7
We will look at the story of Jesus birth in Bethlehem through the eyes of Mary. We will see how our love and hospitality to others provide them cope with the difficult circumstances of life.
The theme of the passage of scripture this morning is the importance of community.
- God is a communal being - Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- And he created us communal beings
- We need to belong
- We need to feel loved
- We need to feel a part of something bigger than ourselves
The church should be a welcoming and hospitable community to all, no matter the crisis, because God is in the spirit of hospitality.
- God sends us into the world to care for others
- When we make room for others, God enters into our midst
- Caring communities are the building blocks of society
- We are to be there for each other whatever the circumstances
We must never turn our backs on each other.