As we learn to be the church of Jesus Christ in the current pandemic situation, we are delighted to take the following steps forward on our journey together.
September 13, 2020 – The first live in person service – for a maximum of 50 people
A Zoom worship service will continue in conjunction with the live service.
- Please stay home if you:
- have a fever, cough or shortness of breath
- have had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
- have had contact with an afflicted person in the last 14 days
- have returned from international travel within the last 14 days
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- staff is committed to the protection of all those participating in our worship together, which includes personal responsibility and accountability for all of us
- complete sanitization of surfaces, especially high-touch areas such as door knobs, pews, handrails, light switches, washrooms, etc.
- washrooms are stocked with hand soap, paper towels and disinfectant wipes.
- sanitization stations will be positioned at all marked entrances
- Please observe ALL entrance, exit and arrow signs (in the courtyard, the foyer, the sanctuary and any directions given by the ushers)
- alternatives to handshaking or hugs; smile/eye contact, nod, prayer hands (press palms together), touch elbows, small bow, polite wave, hand to heart
- Observe strict physical distancing of 2 meters
- careful observation of physical distancing needs to be adhered to in our outdoor spaces, the foyer and the sanctuary
- washroom use will be restricted to one individual at a time
- for your information: recommended physical distance for singing increases to 12 ft/3.66 meters with masks. The sanctuary would accommodate only 14 people if singing is permitted. (humming advised)
- Hand sanitization is required upon entry
- a station will be provided upon entry; participants are required to sanitize hands
- disinfection wipes will also be available at the station. e.g. to wipe doorknobs, faucets, counters, toilet flusher as used.
- one wipe is effective to use for surface area of 1 restroom visit. (for doorknob, stall latch, flush, faucet and the doorknob upon exit)
- Masks are STRONGLY recommended
- encourage individuals to wear their own mask
- boxed masks will be available for those without a mask at the sanitization stations
- door and window will be open for airflow during the service, because fresh air helps eliminate virus particles
- Music and singing
- singing will be suspended during the live worship services to allow for as many people (no more than 50) to worship together in the sanctuary. See #4 above
- as possible, the worship team will continue to lead from the off-site studio and streamed live for both in-person and zoom services to allow for maximum number of congregants
- Attendance record required for those attending Sunday morning service
- advanced registration system set up to ensure that a 40-person limit is maintained and relevant contact information is collected
- Sunday service attendance will be recorded and kept for a 30-day period in the event of a virus outbreak.
- registration records must include name, phone and email address
- no contact offering boxes with wide openings will be located at the entry and exit doors.
- congregants are invited to drop their offering in the boxes upon arrival or as they leave the service.
- for completely contact less giving it is strongly encourage to participate in the pre-authorized giving option, online giving using the donate button on the website, e-transfer, mail or drop off in the office (mail slot in office door)
- the Tellers and Ushers dealing with the offering on Sunday will be trained, gloved and masked for safe and appropriate handling of the envelopes
- communion will be celebrated once per month as we observe pandemic protocols
- individual, prepackaged communion elements will be offered for each congregant upon entry to the service
- these elements will be provided by trained volunteers who will be gloved and masked
- each congregant is responsible to dispose of the packaging in designated receptacles upon exit
- Coffee, tea and food service is suspended
- there will be no tea or coffee service
- there will be no shared food serving (buffet or potluck style)
- please remember that beverages (other than water) and food have not been permitted in the sanctuary. This will continue to be the expectation.
- Brief services
- online service will continue and will be offered in conjunction with the live service
- it is recommended that meetings be of briefer duration than those of pre-pandemic norms
We are prepared to follow the provincial protocols as they develop with some lag time to asses the effectiveness of these measures. People over 60, those with underlying medical conditions, those who have weakened immune systems, and those who have family members at home who are vulnerable are encouraged to participate in online activities only.
Adherence is Required