Sermon Outline - Why Give Up?
Does the church ever get it right? Yet God remains faithful to his people, and so can we.
Disillusionment tempts us to give up on church or marriage or something else.
- Our ideals are dashed.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together
- Edmund Burke: "All it takes for eveil to triump is for good people to do nothing."
- We enter God's Kingdom of light when we come to faith in Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit residing within us helps us bear fruit.
- God does not demand we be successful, rather faithful.
- So we do not give up.
- The fruit of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23
A missionary's story from the jungle.