The Holy Spirit - Sovereign, Wild and Unpredictable
Explore the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer, and in the mission of the Church. Reflecting what a Spirit-filled life looks like.
God's eternal nature is a union of three Divine Persons (one God in three persons) who eternally give themselves wholly to one another in perfect humble and self-giving love.
- The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin and draws us to the Saviour
- The Spirit transforms our lives
- The Spirit places within us a hunger to live for God's glory
- The Holy Spirit works in partnership with us to make us more 'Christ-lie" in all that we do and say
- He gives us the freedom to resist the Spirit
- Find a friend to hold you accountable
- we need to be a part of a community of people who love us
- Shifting gears
- Second work of grace
Jesus' words sound strange to our modern ears but, throughout the Bible, salt and fire were symbols of purity and purification. To be 'salted with fire' therefore, is to be purged, cleansed, and made holy.
The Spirit is sovereign and wild and unpredictable. He does what He wills, and He usually has more for us than we expect.