The Holy Spirit and Empowerment
Have you ever said to yourself, I'm not sure I can do this?
- The early disciples felt this following Jesus death, resurrection and ascension
- Jesus told them to wait for the power of the Holy Spirit
Now here's the deal
"And as they prayed the place where they were meeting was shaken and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness." vs 29
To be filled with the Spirit
- the people who were filled had no control over the filling, they were passive recipents
- it ws initiated by God alone
- It was a sovereign act of grace
- it was given for a specific task
What does this mean for us today?
- real life examples